Our leadership team had a hunch about the purchasing power of women 40-60 and the health and wellness brands that cater to them. But we needed facts to back it prior to marketing outreach.
In order to own the conversation around this powerful cohort, and attract brands that market to them, we wanted to validate our ideas and gain concrete insights around purchasing behavior, brand biases, category expectations and more.
Since the health and wellness buying power of women is also sweet spot for our partner agency, Fancy, we proposed a joint research initiative around this cohort (which we aptly named FemXers). Working alongside the Fancy team, we crafted a consumer survey that probed this highly coveted segment and got the answers we needed in order to create some serious FemExer buzz.
Key insight and outcomes:
• Study uncovered the financial and decision-making leadership of this cohort for health and wellness purchases
• Study uncovered how this group triangulates information intuitively to make detailed purchase decisions
• Study revealed what is important to FemExers and how to reach them authentically and effectively
• Study revealed how FemExers want to learn about products and what kind of communication is key to obtaining and retaining her business
• Data sets were analyzed and translated into insights which fed a robust thought leadership campaign targeting health and wellness brand leaders
The results were double-digit website downloads, a generous lift in social engagement, heightened PR buzz and volumes of content for a new business initiative that cemented Fancy’s, and our, reputation as leaders in the category. Best of all, the study introduced the buzzworthy FemXer to social media influencers and to health and wellness brand leaders, showcasing her potential for driving business growth.